This project is read-only.

How to use GART to see satellites ?

May 21, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Edited May 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Hi,

I want to know if it's possible and how ?

Satellites can be targeted with azimuth (for example 130°N) and elevation (for example 33°, 0 ° is the horizon). Azimuth and elevation depends on your location (GPS) and which satellite you want to target.

Thank you.

May 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I think it should be possible, though I don't know the math you would use.

For MapView the only things that matter are the Latitude and Longitude properties. For WorldView, you can provide a custom function that projects the item into 3D space.

You can specify a custom function by setting the ARItem.WorldProjection property. That property points to a method that takes in an ItemCalculationSettings instance and an ARItem instance as parameters. The method can look at ItemCalculationSettings.View to understand where the user is standing and what direction they're looking. Then, this method would set the ARItem.WorldLocation property to move the object to the correct place in 3D space to be relative to the user.

Hope that helps.

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Jeredbienz, GART is awesome!!  I cannot find ARItem.WorldProjection propery!! Please can you give it a code snippe  how to project things in world view !! 

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM

So I found another way to do this. I put the answer HERE. It's in French but the code available.

Hope that helps.