This project is read-only.

about HeadingIndicator

May 21, 2013 at 7:27 AM
we can put it on the top right corner as a radar,like the app (nokia city lens),what should I do ?
May 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Hi,

The heading indicator does not have the option of showing points of interest in the same manner as nokia's CITY/HERE LENS.
You could create something similar with GART using the following method:
  • place bing map item int the corner of your screen
  • populate bing map with pushpins using your collection of items. Instead of a regular pushping object you can use something like ellipsis (see: http://winsource.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/pinbucket.png).
  • overlay HeadIndicator of top of bing map - maintaining the same size and location.
May 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM
The problem with this approach is that the map would not rotate. He could use an OverheadMap control instead, which would rotate, but the way it rotates will look funny. If the map does not cover the full screen you will see that the whole control actually rotates (you will see the square outline of the map rotate). Windows Phone does not allow you to specify geometry as a clip, otherwise we could clip the map to a circle.

I don't have a good solution for this right now. Ideally we would update HeadingIndicator to draw the dots. Just thinking out loud I don't think it would be TOO hard to do since ARItem.WorldLocation represents the distance to the object from the user in meters (on the X and Y axis). And HeadingIndicator already handles rotation.

I won't be able to work on this any time soon, but if either of you manage to get it working let's merge it back into the codebase.