Can we change the detection distance of ARItems ?

Sep 5, 2013 at 6:21 AM
I am building an app which shows the direction in which different places are. For this the selected object may be far far away than the 100metre default.

So how do I reset this to show my custom location object ?

If it is not possible I am thinking to calculate a point on the line joining the user location and the destination object which falls inside the 100metre default so that it shows up on the screen

This method will be tough and will not be accurate. So kindly tell me if I can change the detection distance. Thanks.
Developer
Sep 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Hi,
If you use bing search as your data provider then you'll need to change the search radius, search for the following code, and change according to your needs:

searchRequest.SearchOptions.Radius = 0.2; // 100 meters.

This will allow to give you your Point Of Interest. As to showing it - you will need to change FarPlaneClipping property on your world view object, to match the search radius.

If you use different data provider that already returns your POI the setting FarPlaneClipping distance will be enough.
Sep 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM
So If I set the FarPlaneClipping to the value of earth's circumference, will it show every POI that I feed it with no matter how far it is ??
Developer
Sep 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Half of the earth's circumference should suffice for that
Sep 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Thank you. :)
Sep 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Edited Sep 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I am beginner developer in AR and i don't know where can i change FarPlaneClipping property. Where is world view object? Thanks for help.

Ok, I found. It is in source code of GART framework.

Sorry for confusion.