WorldView working on Lumia 900 but not in 800

May 1, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Edited May 1, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Hi, I'm using the newest update of GART and I have a problem using it on a Lumia 800.
As I described on the previous thread I was having troubles seeing my items on WorldView but It got fixed modifying a few lines.
My problem now is that I can see the items on a Lumia 900, but not in a Lumia 800, they just dissapear after a few instants appearing on the upper left corner. Could it be a problem with the Lumia 800 not having a gyroscope?

Since my items doesn't have an specific altitude, I'm setting it to them at the same altitude the GPS gets, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
May 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM
It's possible that Gyro is the issue.

If any of the services are unable to start (Camera, Motion, Location) GART will raise the ARDisplay.ServicesErrors event. In the handler of this event you are passed a ServiceErrorsEventArgs which contains an Errors collection. This collection contains information about which service(s) could not start and you can use it to build up a message for the user alerting them to which device(s) they're missing.
Coordinator
May 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Oh, P.S. If you leave ARItem.Altitude as 0 GART will treat the item as if it's always at the same altitude as the user. The item will appear to be on the horizon line.
Developer
May 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM
It used to work ok on my non-giro HTC Mozart 7.
Can you check if deploying and running SimpleAR from GART project gives you the same problem on your Lumia 800?
Also I remember having problems finding my items when compas required callibration.
May 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM
jaredbienz wrote:
Oh, P.S. If you leave ARItem.Altitude as 0 GART will treat the item as if it's always at the same altitude as the user. The item will appear to be on the horizon line.
Thanks for that! I'll try it.

piotrw wrote:
It used to work ok on my non-giro HTC Mozart 7.
Can you check if deploying and running SimpleAR from GART project gives you the same problem on your Lumia 800?
Also I remember having problems finding my items when compas required callibration.
It worked before with SimpleAR with the recommended GART, I'll try it with the current build in a few hours, I'll tell the results.
Jun 18, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Using the Nokia Lumia 800 I am finding that the WorldView just needs a moment to catch up. Initially all labels are centered in the middle of the screen, but I wait 10 seconds and they are distributed normally.

Does anyone have a gyro, and if so are they finding the items seem to stay fairly still? I am using GART for a game and the labels jump around a fair bit when I'm within 10 meters or so.