This project is read-only.

WIN RT

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Hello everybody,
Thanks for this great library.
I want t test the Microsoft bing maps sample on my surface but when I choose ARM platform I get these errors:
Error 1 The name "EntityTypeNameConverter" does not exist in the namespace "using:BingMapsAR.Converters". C:\Users\Hasanajouz\Documents\roula\Augmented Reality with Bing Maps\C#\BingMapsAR\MainPage.xaml 14 9 BingMapsAR
Error 2 The name "EntityTypeIconConverter" does not exist in the namespace "using:BingMapsAR.Converters". C:\Users\Hasanajouz\Documents\roula\Augmented Reality with Bing Maps\C#\BingMapsAR\MainPage.xaml 15 9 BingMapsAR
Error 3 The name "VisibilityConverter" does not exist in the namespace "using:BingMapsAR.Converters". C:\Users\Hasanajouz\Documents\roula\Augmented Reality with Bing Maps\C#\BingMapsAR\MainPage.xaml 16 9 BingMapsAR
Error 4 The name "OverheadMap" does not exist in the namespace "using:GART.Controls". C:\Users\Hasanajouz\Documents\roula\Augmented Reality with Bing Maps\C#\BingMapsAR\MainPage.xaml 54 16 BingMapsAR
Error 5 The name "OverheadMap" does not exist in the namespace "using:GART.Controls". C:\Users\Hasanajouz\Documents\roula\Augmented Reality with Bing Maps\C#\BingMapsAR\MainPage.xaml 57 38 BingMapsAR
Error 6 The name "ARDisplay" does not exist in the namespace "using:GART.Controls". C:\Users\Hasanajouz\Documents\roula\Augmented Reality with Bing Maps\C#\BingMapsAR\MainPage.xaml 72 9 BingMapsAR
Error 7 The name "VideoPreview" does not exist in the namespace "using:GART.Controls". C:\Users\Hasanajouz\Documents\roula\Augmented Reality with Bing Maps\C#\BingMapsAR\MainPage.xaml 73 13 BingMapsAR
Error 8 The name "WorldView" does not exist in the namespace "using:GART.Controls". C:\Users\Hasanajouz\Documents\roula\Augmented Reality with Bing Maps\C#\BingMapsAR\MainPage.xaml 74 13 BingMapsAR
Error 9 The name "OverheadMap" does not exist in the namespace "using:GART.Controls". C:\Users\Hasanajouz\Documents\roula\Augmented Reality with Bing Maps\C#\BingMapsAR\MainPage.xaml 75 13 BingMapsAR

when I change the platform to x86 non of these errors shows. but I get this exception when running it:
The type initializer for 'GART.Controls.ARDisplay' threw an exception.
on this line:
return (ObservableCollection<ARItem>)GetValue(ARItemsProperty);

could some one help me please, I've read In some threads that this code won't work when I choose ARM.

Thanks,,
Hasan.
Jul 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
ARM is fully supported, as is x86 of course. The error messages you pasted in seem as though you're missing a reference. Under your project, expand the references branch and see if any of the references have a yellow triangle with an exclamation.

Also, are you building using the binary release or are you building using the latest source code? You might want to get the absolute latest source and try using a project reference instead.

Let us know what you find.
Jul 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Thanks for your reply.
In wp7 app I've tested I used the binary release but in This Microsoft app I used the source code.
I did get rid of these errors when I moved the controls classes from "WP7\GART\Controls" to "Win8\GART.Win8\Controls"
then I tried to remotely try this app on my surface rt and I get this error on the same line always:

An exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' occurred in GART.DLL but was not handled in user code

Additional information: The type initializer for 'GART.Controls.ARDisplay' threw an exception.

I get this error in this line:
public ObservableCollection<ARItem> ARItems
    {
        get
        {
            return (ObservableCollection<ARItem>)GetValue(ARItemsProperty);
        }
        set
        {
            SetValue(ARItemsProperty, value);
        }
    }
IF you don't mind could you send me a working solution on win rt.

Thanks again,
Hasan.